EXTENSION OF TEMPORARY MEASURES
The NDIS Commission has extended various supports until February 2021, to assist with the impact COVID-19 has had.
The following points have been extended:
· Those eligible to use plan funding to buy assistive technology can purchase items up to $1500
· Plan flexibility
· Thorough cleaning provided to the residence, if a worker is found to be positive for COVID-19
· Further supports for participants who have been tested positive for COVID-19, inclusive of thorough house cleaning
· Thorough house cleaning for participants who must self isolate and live in a Supported Independent Living (SIL)
· [VIC] Aspen Medical will be responsible for containing and monitoring outbreaks of COVID-19
More information can be found at:
The NDIS Commission has conducted thorough research and evaluated various assessment tools, used for independent assessments of individuals to result in higher equitability. They aimed to utilise assessment tools internationally recognised and collaborated with academics regarding the evaluation of assessment tools. They consulted with various professionals to evaluate and determine the best assessment tools.
Further information can be found at: